Beauty // Fashion // Lifestyle // Reviews

February 09, 2016

R E V I E W | ♡ eBay Liquid Lipstick ONLY £1.75♡

I came across a couple of reviews on YouTube of these Liquid Lipstick from eBay and they looked pretty amazing for the price, so I decided to jump on the bandwagon and give these a try.

This is the M.N Long Lasting Liquid Lipsticks, so far I've only seen these sold on eBay. I got mine from an eBay store called bright_shiny_nail for £1.75 each and I got free delivery because I had it sent to argos. A little bit of topic, if you're not already aware of this, whenever you buy items from eBay or amazon, you can deliver it to an argos store or an amazon locker near you respectively. It cost absolutely nothing and it's really convenient for people like myself who work 9 to 5 and have a high chance of missing their parcels.


Okay so back to these liquid lipstick, I bought 4 different shades - Number 33, 03, 02 and 30.

PROS
1.) Very cheap
2.) Long wearing - wore it to work for 8 hours. I ate, I drank, I talked and it definitely stayed on. I did have to reply once or twice throughout the day especially in the middle of my lips but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle.
3.) Wide range of colours
4.) Highly pigmented
5.) Light weight
6.) Glides on smoothly
7.) It comes with a thin and soft applicator for a smooth and precise application
8.) It doesn't transfer
9.) Dries super fast

From Left to Right [33, 02, 03, 30]
CONS
1.) Very difficult to take off - you'll have to use an oil base product to get these off. I tired using the Garnier Micellar Water to take these off and that didn't do the trick unfortunately.
2.) Irritating - now this might just be me, everyone's skin reacts to things differently but after about 2 or 3 hours of wear I started to have a little bit of irritation on and around my mouth. All I wanted to do was to get them off. I didn't have any swelling when I eventually took it off about 5 hours later but it definitely didn't feel the most comfortable.
3.) Very drying.
4.) The shades/colours are in numbers and not actual shade names so it can get a little bit confusing.
5.) Ver sticky. You'll need to dap a bit of translucent powder on your lips to get rid of the stickiness.
6.) Product starts to crumble after about 5 hours of wear. This only happens when you vigorously rub your lips together as shown in the video below on my instagram.
Tried taking it off using Garnier Micellar Water :(
Shade #30
Shade #03

Shade #33

Shade #02
From Left to Right [33, 02, 03, 30]
So final verdict.......Is this worth the purchase or not? I'll give this product a 7/10. The reason being this product although is great for the price, it doesn't match up to other Liquid Lipstick that are equally cheap but have a better formula. 
Now if there is a specific lipstick shade you've never tried before and you want to see how it'll look on you then I'd say yes definitely go for these before you splash out on the expensive brands. Or if you're new to Liquid Lipsticks or just don't have the money for high end brands then yes, sure there's no harm in trying these.

I for one won't be purchasing anymore colours or re-purchasing these when they ran out. Main reason being there are lots of Liquid Lipsticks out there these days ranging from as low as £4.50 to as high as £16 (my favourite of all time - ELF Red Carpet Lip Stain). One advice I'll give you though is if you do decided to purchase these, please whatever you do, do not wear it for more than 3 hours. It's really not that comfortable on the lips. Honest!

I hope you enjoyed this review and if you do decide to try any of these, let me know. Comment down below and let me know if you liked it or tag me in your pictures on instagram and facebook (id: Sylvia Forjoe).

I will be posting some Valentine's Day Makeup looks this week. So do keep an eye out for them. I'll try my best to post two makeup looks and at least one look book this week....fingers crossed. Going to be a very busy week for me but definitely worth it!

Enjoy the rest of your week and don't forget to SUBSCRIBE. I love you and thanks for stopping by.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig